Thursday, August 7, 2008

Things I Stole From the Mormons

Let it be said, first and foremost. (Please see here)

This may come as a shock to some of you and a validation to others. No, I am not what you thought I was or Whoo-hoo, I want to be this chicklet's friend. Either way, there are certain things I crave, despite being a non bible toting heathen.

First, I enjoy family, mostly just those of the immediate nature, but sometimes I'll kick it with a cousin or two who are just like sisters so they count. Second, I enjoy creating a beautiful home in which to raise my family. When I say beautiful, I don't mean all Crib'd out, I just mean cozy, warm, and aromatic in the way of pumpkin pie. Third, I am disturbed by the way I see things going in America. Economically, socially, politically. Three subjects worthy of their very own blog. Speaking of worthy, why I don't believe in God is a subject worthy of any blog and perhaps, I will take you on a journey as to how I arrived at this juncture.

It was with great revelation during a meeting with the Mormon missionaries, that I discovered I could take things that I liked from the social structure of their religion and use them in my everyday life. Yes, we let them in. It's hard to turn a nineteen year old boy with visions of conversion in his heart and steadfast belief to that of which he was raised away from our door. The possibilities were really too vast to ignore. Over the next few days, I will share with you things that I stole from the Mormons. Take note of stole, because I am not giving them back, they are mine now and maybe yours if you like. It's good stuff, relevant even.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment