Monday, July 12, 2010

So Sweet

Friday night, daughter kept telling me that I needed to sleep in on Saturday. She was adamant that I not get up early, or come downstairs, or leave my bed. Do you know why? Because she and Hubs made me breakfast in bed. It was just a plain old Saturday, not my birthday, not Mother's Day, not our anniversary, just plain old boring Saturday. They made me a card thanking me for all that I do. I had orange juice and coffee and pancakes and eggs and, well really, an entire breakfast spread with all the fixins. I know, right.

I am greatly appreciative of the sweetness and the love, I mean, really, really appreciative, but I also have to wonder, what is it exactly they want, those little consiprators?

Is this what happens to cynics? I can't even take a simple gift at face value? I need therapy.



Love you Family!

4 comments:

  1. Aw! That's adorable! I used to do that for my mom too, but I was such a rapscallion she would usually become suspicious by pancake #2.

    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really sweet. And I'm completely guilty of wondering what my husband is up to the moment he offers a kiss or compliment that I haven't fished for.

    Also, my mother admitted to me a few years ago that she DETEST breakfast in bed. If she would have told us that when we were kids, it might have been our undoing.
    Mom HATES BREAKFAST in BED?!?! NOW what do we do?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment. WIWW is "What I Wore Wednesday" I can't hang though haha :) The leg thing IS creepy huh!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is super super sweet. I wish I've done that for my mom when I was younger.

    http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete