Thursday, January 21, 2010

Open Letter Series

Dear Fellow Driver,

I realize that as drivers, we must share the road. Since it's just not practical to request my very own driving lane, I would like to suggest a few rules that perhaps we could try to follow on a daily basis.

I use my vehicle as a mode of transportation to get from one location to another quickly. If I were concerned about seeing the world around me or stopping to smell the roses, I would walk. May I suggest you do the same if your intentions are to drive below the posted speed limit.

Know your destination and how to get there before you start driving. If you miss your turn or exit, do not slam on your brakes and put your car in reverse. This usually leads to unsavory happenings. Simply keep moving until you find a suitable location to rectify your mistake.

Use your blinker, please. My psychic powers have been on the fritz since, oh, about birth, so I am sure I had no idea you intended to turn left while I went straight.

Speaking of right of way, a four way stop works on the "to the right" basis. I didn't make the rules, that's just how it is.
When the light turns green, that means go. When the light turns red, that means stop. I only mention this because I have seen you do the opposite. I once honked at you, when you were stopped at a green light, to which you yelled back at me, "What? It will be red eventually".

I think that by following these simple rules, we can improve our driving expierience greatly and prevent me from following you to your destination and running your ass over.

Respectfully,

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I've always sort of wished that we could have a mini-marquis in the rear window of our cars. They could say things like, "Daft Moron" or "If you pull me over, you get to catch the baby coming outta me."

    Maybe they would be too much of a distraction.

    That doesn't mean I can't hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I have wished for the EXACT same thing! Let's start a petition.

    ReplyDelete